Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sister Time

I have now lived in California for exactly three weeks so it was definitely time for a visit from my sister, Marci. She came out last weekend for her UEA and we had a blast! I don't know if she can actually call her visit a vacation...because aren't vacations supposed to be relaxing? With all of the shopping, eating, and touristing we did it was anything but relaxing.

On Thursday we went to Alcatraz which is so awesome and everyone needs to do it if you ever come out here. They have audio tours led by the actual guards and inmates and it is worth every penny. It also helps that I'm really into all things creepy like that. I would love to tell you all about it, but I'd rather you all just come out and do the tour yourself.
The big building behind us is the prison cell and behind the fence is the rec yard. Believe it or not, the gardens on Alcatraz are actually really beautiful.

Friday was a big shopping day. We went to the outlet mall in Petaluma and the malls close by my house; we were very successful (depending on who you ask...Joe doesn't think so). That night while Joe played Halo, Marc and I went to see Footloose. It was hilarious and cheesy but we loved it. Luckily there was only about four other people in the theater so we felt comfortable enough to do all the singing and dancing right along with the movie. Joe missed out big time.

On Saturday we went for a traditional bagel run - my dad would be so proud. Joe went to the U of U game with some of his friends so Marci and I went to the Westfield Mall in San Francisco. That mall is gigantic. For real. We were there for almost 5 hours and we only made it to about six stores.
To be fair, we got sidetracked for a while by this drag show. It was very...entertaining.
After the game we met up with Joe and his friends and went to a fancy Italian restaurant for dinner. Joe refused to let Marci leave without eating at Ghiradelli Square so we stopped there on our way home. It was delicious!

The Nob Hill Chill. So so good.

Last, but definitely not least, we ate our little hearts out. One of the best parts about living somewhere new is all of the new restaurant choices. I had fun taking Marci to all of my new favorites, and trying some new ones. I love eating out and I am well on my way to doubling my weight.
Thai Food including pumpkin curry.
Sol Food - Authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine. Hands down the best restaurant out here.
Sol Food again. Yes, it is that good.
Gaspare's Pizza. Worth all the calories.
Thanks for visiting Marc!!! This post just made me really hungry...

1 comment:

  1. couldn't have said it better myself! miss you and i've only been gone two days! next weekend sound good for round 2? loved every bit of my "vacation" with you! thanks for having me sister! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete