Saturday, October 8, 2011

Brand Spankin New

Wow, where do I begin? The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind! After 18 months of dating (the last ten months being long distance) Joe and I were FINALLY married in the Salt Lake Temple. It was the most amazing day and so much more than we could have ever imagined. I'll dedicate an entire post to that when I get the pictures back.
The day after our wedding we jetted off to our week-long honeymoon. Joe had kept the whole thing a surprise to me so I was really excited to find out where we were going. Of course, he waited until we were in line at the airport to tell me that we were going to Miami, Florida! I was so excited for that but he surprised me again the next day by telling me that we were going on a 5-day cruise to Key West and Cozumel. It was such a great surprise and so so fun. We loved every minute.



We flew back to Utah on Saturday. That night, both of our families got together for dinner and to open our wedding gifts. We're so thankful to both have such amazing families - they make life sooo much easier. It was really fun and I'm so glad that everyone has a good time when we all get together.

The next day was moving day...a day I had been both dreading and looking forward to for a long time. I had packed up most of my belongings before the wedding and with the help of our families we were loaded up and ready to go by Sunday afternoon. Saying goodbye to my best friends and everyone in my family was terrible. I have the absolute best friends in the world and I know I'll never find friends quite like them no matter where I end up. And I'll say it again - my family is the best. I already miss them so so much.

It's hard being away from everyone I know but I'm also really enjoying this exciting adventure in our lives. Joe is the best husband ever and he's been so supportive of me in my sensitive state - even when I randomly burst into tears. We've already had so much fun living here together and I look forward to everything in our future. The best part is that we actually get to spend time together instead of just talking on the phone. So for now, our little apartment is packed up with LOTS of boxes but it is livable. Everything in my life feels new right now. Everything but Joe - he makes me feel OK about all the new changes. We are adjusting to life together and loving it.

3 comments:

  1. yay! glad you started a blog! can't wait to hear all about your adventures. however, i would much prefer to read them as "old news"... which means you better keep me updated good enough on the phone so that your blog is not what is keeping me up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Marci's comment! I'm happy to have a fellow blogging family member! So excited for you and Joe. I'm finally back home too, and it's weird to not have the family around me. Alta keeps randomly saying your name... just so ya know. Love and miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to live away. It makes you appreciate what you left. Congrts and good luck in Cali.

    ReplyDelete