Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

I love everything about Halloween - the costumes, the cooler weather, the spookiness, and the abundance of my favorite food (candy). For Halloween last year I was still in college, and amidst deciding what to dress up as and which party to go to, I was also getting ready to say goodbye to Joe. He moved to California on Halloween day last year...talk about scary!
Halloween last year. I was a hunter, he was a deer. Turned out it wasn't as obvious as we thought it was..
Anyway, I knew Halloween this year would be very different than past years. We didn't dress up or go to any parties but I did buy candy in the hopes that some trick-or-treaters would come by! (Unfortunately, we were gone when any trick-or-treaters might have stopped by so I guess I'll be forced to eat all that candy myself...) Instead we went out to dinner to celebrate the anniversary of Joe's big move! It's amazing that a whole year has passed since then but I couldn't be more pleased about where we are in our lives now; and I'm SO SO happy that the long distance part of our relationship is over. My ideal fright night didn't quite turn out as I had planned (we didn't even watch a scary movie because someone doesn't like them), but this Halloween definitely beats last year!

Oh, and it's still 75 degrees here, so I guess I can't associate Halloween with cooler weather anymore... I think I'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Kara,

    I am so so happy for you and your husband. You were a beautiful bride! I know I literally haven't seen you since like 6th grade, but I am super happy for you! Keep in touch! Follow our fam blog!

    ReplyDelete