Friday, November 25, 2011

Surprise!

Last week I was lucky enough to go home to Utah for a surprise visit. The trip was last minute and only a handful of people knew about it beforehand, but I was so excited. The main reason for my visit was for my nephew Kayden's 6th birthday. He had a big Star Wars birthday party planned and lots of (constantly changing) ideas for what he wanted for his birthday, but when his mom asked him what he wanted more than anything, it was for me to be able to come to his party. And who am I to deny him that? Not to brag, but I don't blame him. After all, I'm his favorite aunt :) Lucky for Kayden and myself, Lindsay was generous enough to fly me home for the weekend. Kayden had no idea and it was so much fun to surprise him and the rest of my family. I don't have a picture of us from the party because 1. I'm not the best at taking pictures, and 2. It isn't easy trying to get a 6-year-old to hold still for even a second at his own birthday party...but here are a few pictures so you can see how cute this little man is.
I love this kid so much. He's growing up waaaay too fast, especially now that I don't get to see him very much, but I'm so happy I was able to fulfill his birthday wish (mostly thanks to his mother...thanks Linds!!!) Happy birthday Kayd!

2 comments:

  1. i was so happy (and surprised) to have you! but... let's be honest, you aren't his favorite... i'll let you claim a tie for the best though. after all, we are "marcikara"

    can't wait for you to come home again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutest!! i love that that's what he wanted most for his birthday! miss you kare. get home now!

    ReplyDelete