Saturday, November 12, 2011

Days Off

Joe's work schedule is kind of crazy these days. For the next five weeks he is teaching Saturdays and Sundays so weekends for us are now Wednesdays and Thursdays. It throws off our week a little bit, but it actually works out fine for now since I don't have a job (and that is the ONLY good thing about not having a job yet, but that's a whole other story). Anyway, this was his first week of teaching, so after working ten days straight, he was ready for some time off and I was ready to finally hang out with him!

Wednesday was wonderful. I started the day off with a job interview. I won't get into that, I'd rather just celebrate when I actually do get a job. After that we headed into the city for lunch at Barney's - a really yummy burger place here. I'm not a huge burger person, but this place is delish and their sweet potato fries are to die for!

After lunch we went to the social security office to...drum roll please....CHANGE MY NAME! I'm now officially Kara Brooks Jeppson!!! To be honest, it doesn't feel too different because I've been telling people my name is Kara Jeppson since day one of our marriage, but it does feel nice to make it official. The whole process was quick and easy...not at all what I was expecting.

After the name change was the best part of the day: Joe and I went to the Oakland Temple! It was my first time there and it. was. amazing. It was so beautiful and I'm so lucky to have a husband that can take me there. Luckily, the Oakland Temple is only about 35-40 minutes from our house so we'll be back very soon.
Next we headed to Berkely to La Mediterranee, one of my favorite restaurants here in Cali. It's authentic Greek food and I love it so much! We finished the day off with some yummy ice cream from Ici, a little shop in Berkeley. They always have new, different flavors to try but the best part is the fresh, handmade cones with chocolate poured into the bottom. So so so good. Such a perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. Kara - you are such such such a good writer. I look so forward to your posts because I laugh, cry or smile everytime I read them. I love you so much sister.

    ReplyDelete