Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Catching Up...

I didn't realize it had been almost 2 months since my last post. Oops. It's not that I don't have the time, its just that usually I would rather do anything else other than write a post. Plus I feel like a total dummy when it comes to blogging, so that doesn't get me very motivated to update. PLUS I am horrible at taking pictures and let's be honest, thats the best part of blogs, right? Ok, enough of the excuses. This is the only form of a journal that I have right now, so I want to document some things. In other words, I'll try to be better. Here's what has been going on in our lives lately...

Last week, my best friend in the entire world came to visit me (and my husband I guess but really just me)! It. Was. The. Best. We had so much fun and I loved having her out here. I think if I ask her enough, I just might be able to convince her and her husband to move out here. Probably not, but a girl can dream!
She's a better blogger than me, so if you'd like to read more about it, or see lots a pics, check out her blog here.
These are the things we google when we're together. One of the reasons we're besties. 
I've been working as a receptionist in a dental office for 6 months now. I love my job and it comes with a lot of perks (free dental care for me and the hubs, half days on Fridays...). However, lately I've been starting to wonder if people think my job also doubles as a free baby-sitter while they're in the office. I've always loved children, and when I was a young tween I loved baby-sitting. But now, not so much. I guess it isn't too bad though, it gets me out of answering the phone and looking at pictures of gross teeth...

My brother is a Black Hawk helicopter pilot in the Army and he has been in Afganistan since August. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for him to be away from his wife and two little girls (and how hard it is for them to have him gone). I was able to go visit them last May in North Carlina just after Brenna had Mila. Jaren took me to base one day to show off his helicopters and I was so amazed. There's about a gazillion buttons and different controls that he has to understand and be able to use under intense pressure. This is the man that loses his keys and/or wallet at least a couple times a week. I'll never understand it, but he's good at what he does, and I'm so proud. The point of this, besides bragging about my awesome brother, is that he gets his R&R this week so he and Brenna get to go to Costa Rica. I'm so excited for them, no one deserves a vacation more!
Not the most recent pictures, but here is Mila and Alta. I don't get to see these nieces of mine enough. 

My favorite thing lately (or for the entire time I've lived in Cali) is facetiming with my fam. It's really the only thing that keeps me from jumping on a plane to Utah every week. Plus my sister Lindsay is 7 months preggers and it breaks my heart to see her tummy growing and know that I won't be there when baby girl is born. So, my fam might be sick of my constant requests to facetime but that's not going anywhere any time soon. And when these are the faces I get to see, how could I stop?

Joe has been super busy with work lately, which I hate. And he's been working a lot of weekends lately, which I double-hate. The silver lining? Every so often he'll get a weekday off which means we can do one of my favorite things in the world...lunch dates. We very rarely get to go on lunch dates because we work too far away from each other. Therefore, I have to take advantage of every opportunity I get to have lunch with my man. And trust me, I do. (In fact, a few [3] times I even scheduled dental appointments for him in my office right around lunch time just to guarantee we could eat together after. Mean wife. Sorry Joe.) Monday was one of those lucky days, so we went to super duper burger in Mill Valley. I'm not a huge burger fan, but this place is gooood. And they're fries and shakes are pretty awesome too.
 Sorry, no pics of the yummy food. Just this guy, who might like the lunch dates just as much as me?

Last weekend we finally got around to seeing the Avengers. I've been wanting to for a while, but we never seemed to have/make time (see above=Joe's busy work schedule interfering with my social life, how rude). Anyway, I thought it looked good when I saw the previews. At first, Joe's opinion was "I don't really care to see it, but I'll go with you if you want." But once he heard how good it was, and that it made a billion dollars in a couple weeks (or something like that) he finally came around to the idea.
So we saw it. And loved it. And I want to see it again. But first, and this is the embarrassing part, but we decided that we better watch all of the original movies for each of the super heroes. We've both seen Iron Man, and I'm pretty sure I saw the Hulk [maybe] but we definitely need to see Thor and Captain America before we go back for round two. Hopefully then I won't think Cap America is so lame?

Last but not least, we have some pretty exciting things coming up...
  • In July my sister Marci is visiting for 12 DAYS! I'm so excited and pretty bummed that I'll have to work while she's here but it will still be fun. 
  • One of my best friends, Megan, and her husband Tyson, are also visiting in July! In fact, it'll overlap when Marci is here so we're gonna be one big happy family stuffed into a 7hundredsomething square foot apartment. Can't wait.
  • We are planning (wishing, hoping, praying) to visit Utah in August. One of Joe's bff's, Colin, is getting hitched AND baby girl Burton will have arrived by then so it'll be the perfect time to drop by.
  • Mini trip to Santa Cruz..coming right up.
Santa Cruz Boardwalk. Yes, I'm excited.
This summer just might be one of the greatest...





3 comments:

  1. We saw The Avengers and had the same problem! We watched Thor and Capt. Amaerica on consecutive nights I think, haha. And we Saw Avengers again. We loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara! Love your updates, your adorable and so funny! Wish we lived closer. Love that you baby-sit at your job, my baby-sitter is my phone at apts. you should mention that to your patients ☺Also... We LOVED The Avengers. No surprise as Pete secretly thinks he is a super hero. We have also watched all the individual ones. Hated Hulk but the rest are fun. Captain America is kinda my favorite so give the guy a chance:)
    Maybe one day it won't cost a million dollars to fly and we can make the cross country trip to visit. Love you guys! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!! Love the blog! Now WE need to start using FaceTime!!!! The girls miss you too!

    ReplyDelete