Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2 weeks of a non-resolution

i'm not really one for new year's resolutions.
the last one i remember making was around age ten: 
my goal was to have $100 in the bank by the end of the year.
i asked for money for my birthday that year instead of presents.
tada! resolution complete.
{ok i spent it all right away, but to be fair, i did have at least $100 in my bank account that year. that's a win in my book}

anyway, i had absolutely no intention of making any resolutions for 2013.
buuuuut, after two weeks in utah, and 12 hours of junk/fast food on the car ride home, 
joe and i arrived home feeling...a little...well, disgusting.
joe decided that was the perfect moment to start 
informing me of how bad diet coke was for me.
i'll admit, the stories he was telling me freaked me out a little bit.
enough that when he said 
"let's go without diet soda for one month and see how we feel"
i fell for it!
{although, for me, no "diet soda" means no soda at all.
cause if it's not diet coke, what's the point?}
so we shook on it, and i woke up the next morning throwing up.
therefore, i broke our pact day one by drinking sprite and coke (but no diet coke).
that only lasted a couple of days, and then i had to commit to this no soda thing.
that was two weeks ago.
two long, excruciating, torturous weeks.
oh, and head aches. lots of em.
i was not expecting that side effect - i refused to believe i was addicted
i promise, food has lost its flavor without a diet coke by my side.
ok, so maybe i am was a little addicted...
but i haven't had one sip of the good stuff since jan. 2!
it's not $100 in the bank, but still, i've kept my non-resolution so far.
take that 11-to-23-year-old me!

two more weeks of my nightmare (notice the dramatics? that really helps.), 
then i'll update you on how amazing i feel after a month with no soda.
if that's really the case, then just disregard this post...but don't count on it.
wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment