Sunday, February 12, 2012

Feeling Adventurous

I have lived in Cali for four and a half months now and I've really been trying to take advantage of all the amazing things I'm surrounded by. Thirty minutes (or less) from our house is beautiful forests, beaches, hiking, super good restaurants, loooots of touristy things that I love (like Alcatraz, China Town, Ghirardelli Square...), and so much more. So yesterday Joe and I went on another new outing to the Muir Woods National Monument. Admittedly, it is quite touristy, but it is also a little embarrassing that we haven't been yet. It's so close to us and sooooo pretty. The pictures don't nearly do it justice so I'd like to take this time to invite you all to come out and see it for yourself. Enjoy.
The drive there. Decent view I guess.
Moss covered trees everywhere. So cool.
My main man. Well, my only man.

This tree had fallen over, but I loved how the branches were still sticking straight up.
Sooooo tall.





And then we finished off the day with some hot chocolate, honey-filled corn bread, and a chocolate chip muffin. Yum.
See you all for your visits soon!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you guys didn't pay to get in there... because the trick is, you don't actually have to...

    ReplyDelete