Sunday, January 8, 2012

Holiday Highlights

I miss Christmas. Here are a few of my favorite moments from the holidays:
  • We chose to drive home to Utah instead of flying so our trip began at 6am on the 23rd. Believe it or not, I really enjoyed the drive (probably because I only drove for 2 of the 12 hours...thanks Joe!) Anyway, I thought it was really fun and we were blessed with great weather. We did have to take a detour near Reno because of a crash but it took us around the north tip of Lake Tahoe (which I had never seen) so it wasn't all bad.
This was the best picture I could get of the lake because someone refused to slow down.

  •  Christmas Eve morning we went to breakfast at Little America with Joe's family - an annual tradition that I am extremely supportive of.
Little America with Joe's cousin James and his brand new wife, Chelsey!
  •  Christmas Eve is also Lindsay's birthday so we always try to do a big celebration for her. My mom makes the most delicious prime rib dinner and then we all play games and laugh til we cry.
  • Every Christmas Eve, Joe "plays Santa" for Elder Andersen's family party so I went along and played Santa's helper. He's such a great sport and he did a great job.
Love me some Santa...
  • We slept at my parent's house that night and did Christmas morning with my family. It was an early start with so many little kids in the house but so worth it. I asked Kayden if he heard Santa during the night and he said "No but I saw Rudolph and guess what? His nose really does shine that bright! Then I saw Mrs. Claus...she came down the chimney to get the carrots for Dasher and Dancer because they're the best leaders." Never a dull moment with that boy. 
  • Joe and I spent the rest of Christmas Day opening our gifts from each other, going to church with Joe's family, opening presents with them, and eating a delicious turkey dinner. We are so blessed to have such great families that spoiled us rotten.
  • The day after Christmas I went shopping with Marci and my mom, a tradition we've done as long as I can remember. When I was younger I used to be just as excited for after-Christmas shopping as I was for Christmas Day. We found some pretty good deals and had a lot of fun.
  • That night Joe and I headed up to Logan to hang out with our friends up there and to eat at Cafe Sabor - one of our fav's. 
  • The next day was a girl's day with Jenny including lunch and pedi's. That night I went to dinner with Jenny, Kristi, and Megan and was once again reminded how much I love my friends. I love seeing them but it makes me so sad that I don't get to hang out with them regularly. I'm especially sad that I won't be around when Kristi has her baby :(
  • The rest of our visit was filled with friends, family, laughing, sickness, home cooked meals, playing games, italian sodas, lack of sleep, sushi, shopping, crafting with Marci, and spending much-needed time with nieces and nephews. We finally got to see Eliza - Joe's sister's darling new baby. Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend as much time with her as we would have liked due to both of us being sick. She is so sweet and adorable though. My house was crazy with Kayden, Koby, Alta, and Mila but we loved every second of it. 
Welcome home hug from Koby. He's not a cuddler, so this is quite the gesture. Brought tears to my eyes.
Kayd. He's getting way too big :(
Kayden and Joe - they would play together all day if they could.
Kisses from Koby
Cute baby Mila. Such a cutie.
Joe's bff's.
Frenemies.
Look at the sweet face...
For the Italian Cream Sodas. I'm addicted.
The hubs. Love him.

5 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! Does it hurt your heart a little to leave in Utah? It hurts my heart but maybe I'm just a lil' baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and miss you so much and im so glad we got to go to dinner! Plan a trip for february :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You - "We would like to get a pedicure."
    Asian manicurist -"A pedicure? psh haha, no not today"
    Rude! Miss you mom. Come home and sleep in my bed again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo - it hurts my heart a LOT whenever I leave Utah. I guess I'm a baby too!
    Kristi - I'm working on it!
    (P.S. I was shopping for baby boy today and I was tempted to buy him some Burberry skinny jeans but they were $90 and Joe would have killed me but they were darling and I think you should get them...)
    Jenny - too soon, that lady humiliated us that day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okayyy. cutest picture of joe and kayden. i love that they are best of friends. come back to utah already!! miss you.

    ReplyDelete